Wednesday 30 December 2015

Constructing my Contents Page:

Once I had finished my contents page, I decided to experiment with adding some red, which I did by changing some of the text. I really liked how the contents looked, but adding red would match the colour of the puff on the front cover and makes a very obvious colour theme among the magazine pages. I only had to add red as I had already included yellow on my mainly black, white and grey contents page.  

My initial finished contents page: 



I didn't like how completely red text looked as it was difficult to read clearly and stood out too much on the page. I only wanted the red to be subtle so I made the heading text black as well as red. In this experiment the red outlines the black. 

My first experiment adding red to the text: 

I quite like how this looked, but I decided to experiment with the text looked if it was red and outlined in black instead. 

My second experiment adding red to the text: 

I liked how my headings looked in both of my experiments, so I decided to combine them for my final completed contents page. I used the red text outlined in black for all of the headings, apart from the 'welcome' at the top of the magazine introduction  which I decided looked better against the grey if it was black and outlined in red. 

My final contents page with added red to the text: 





No comments:

Post a Comment