Tuesday 17 November 2015

Masthead Construction:

I created my masthead by scanning my hand drawn design into Photo Shop and then editing it so that it was the right colour and size so that it would be appropriate to my chosen genre of music magazine, rock. 

After experimenting with different colours, I decided that I wanted to make my masthead red as this is a colour which is stereo-typically associated with rock related genres. I experimented with fading different shades of red together on my masthead as this would make it more exiting than just having one colour. I originally decided to make my masthead one layer but later decided it looked better with a shadow. This made my masthead stand out much more and looked a lot better on the page. Adding a shadow also gave me the opportunity to add more colours to my theme. I decided to use the colour blue as this matched the blue in the background of my photo and gave the masthead a three dimensional edge. 

My first masthead: 

My final masthead design:


No comments:

Post a Comment