Friday 13 November 2015

Photo Shoot

I organised two photo shoots which allowed me to gather enough of my own images to put together a successful music magazine. The first photo shoot took place in Norwich, on the 23rd November 2015 at 8:30am. I used Chaska Holden as the model and the photo shoot was to gather images for my cover story, so I had to make sure I took a variety of photos which I could use on my front cover, contests page and double page spread.
















These are the four photos I have chosen to use for my front cover, contents page and double page spread. One of the reasons I have chosen these photos is because like the backgrounds to them all. The first photo has an empty background, this makes it good to use on the front cover as I will be able to put a masthead, cover lines and puffs in place so they will be able to be seen clearly. It is also mainly black which links to my chosen genre of music. The other photos have exciting backgrounds which will link to the design of my magazine. The cartoon illustrated images and graffiti act as an interesting background, but don't take focus off the artist in the image. My model represents the genre of my music magazine through her clothing, make up and hair style. The clothing and make up are black which, stereo-typically is the main colour associated with the rock genre of music. This is one way my target audience will know and be able to relate to my magazine. The model is using direct mode of address which engages the audiences attention and gives the her power and control. 

Front Cover Photo 

Contents Page Photo

Double Page Spread Photo 


 Double Page Spread Photo 

The second photo shoot took place in Horstead on the 21st December at 2.00pm. This photo shoot was to gather extra photos which I could use on my contents page. The model I used was Eddie Vickers and the photos link to the article on page 22 in the features section of my magazine. It is important for me to include a variety of images on my contents page as it balances out the large amount of text and makes the page look more exciting and will engage my target audience. It also shows the reader that there is a lot of content in the magazine and that they are getting their monies worth. 












This is the photo I have decided to use on my contents page. I have chosen to use this photo as it is a long shot which shows most of the artist’s body. I really like the close up photos I took in this photo shoot however, I thought it would be better to use a long shot as I am already using a close up shot on the contents page and having different types of photo will make the page look more interesting. I choose to have an empty brick wall as the background as this draws the readers attention to the artist. The brick wall background also makes it obvious that the photo has been taken outside which links to the text on the contents page which says, 'Find out what Eddie Lee has been up to on his recent visit to the UK'. Both the outdoors image, and text imply that the artist has been out and about and busy which gives the impression that the article will be an interesting one to read. The clothing worn by the artist is stereo-typically associated with the rock genre and the subcultures surrounding rock.This is because they are all darkly coloured. The artist also has black hair which can also be associated with alternative genres of music. I like that the artists shirt is blown open as this gives a clear view of the chain hanging of the trousers which again is something only expected to  be seen in alternative cultures. The artist having his legs apart and arms either side of him makes his pose look powerful and controlling. This is also helped by the smirk on his face and direct mode of address as this creates an impressive and commanding image. All of these present the artist as quite tough and authoritative which is what is socially expected of rock musicians.  

Contents Page Photo

Other photos I have included in my music magazine:


This is a photo I have taken on the 11/10/15 at the SSE London Wembley Arena at a concert I attended. I decided to include this photo on my contents page as it creates a variety of images for my reader to look at, and makes my page more interesting and engaging.




No comments:

Post a Comment